Hours of Operation:
- Wednesdays: 10 AM - 2 PM
- Saturdays & Sundays: 8 AM - 4 PM
- Location: 1483 River Rd., Solon
- Contact: (207) 643-2941 (during operating hours only)
- Directions: From the center of town, go approximately 1 1/2 MILES, SOUTH on Rt. 201, take a RIGHT onto the RIVER RD; go approximately 1.5 to 2 MILES; once you pass a sand pit on your left and a small bridge (dips down), the Transfer Station is on the left hand side, heading back up the hill.
The Solon Transfer Station offers a wide variety of recycling options. We accept:
- Cardboard - Corrugated or thin (cereal boxes, tissue rolls, milk & juice boxes, etc., flattened)
- Paper - Office paper, newspaper, magazines, junk mail, scrap paper, window envelopes, Post-Its, etc.
- Plastic #2 - #2 plastics must be separated from all other types. Please tie jugs together or hang singles in the plastics bay.
- Plastics #1 & #3-#7 - including jugs, toys, food or rigid containers. No plastic bags (these can be returned to the retailer).
- Glass - Bottles & jars, clear or colored, rinsed
- Aluminum - Tin cans, aluminum foil, pie plates & other aluminum containers, rinsed
Fees will be charged for the following (see FEE SCHEDULE):
- Furniture - Easy chair, mattress or box springs, sofas and other large furniture
- Appliances - washer, dryer, stove, water heater, pumps, refrigerator, freezer, air conditioner
- Electronics - Keyboard or mouse, computer monitors and hard drives, TV’s
- Lights - Fluorescent bulbs and tubes, mercury vapor bulbs
- Demolition Debris/Asphalt Shingles (NO pressure treated lumber)
At the present time, we are unable to accept Yard Waste or Ashes. Please see Selectmen if you have any questions.